Re: Weird Popup Menus - pgAdmin 1.8.4

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Christos Vasilakis <cvasilak(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird Popup Menus - pgAdmin 1.8.4
Date: 2008-06-11 23:03:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Dave Page a écrit :
>>> I would suggest asking on the wxWidgets mailing list (no, I'm not on
>>> it either :-p ). If they don't agree it's a bug, we should probably
>>> strip it in code.
>>>
>> I'll ask them.
>
> Thanks.

If one wants to follow the discussion there, you should look in the archive:
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/pipermail/wx-users/2008-June/108081.html

There's only my mail right now but I hope an answer will arrive soon.

I took a better a look at this source code. The real culprit is in the
method wxMenuItemBase::GetLabelFromText:

wxString wxMenuItemBase::GetLabelFromText(const wxString& text)
{
// The argument to this function will now always be in wxWidgets
standard label
// format, not GTK+ format, so we do what the other ports do.

return wxStripMenuCodes(text);

#if 0
#endif

If you comment the return before the #if and if you enable the code
between #if 0 and #endif, it simply works.

I don't quite understand why they do this. I hope I'll have some answers
from the wx-users mailing list.

>>> If you're feeling adventurous, you could also give SVN trunk a whirl
>>> and see what 3.0.0 might look like :-)
>>>
>> I did try:
>> 1. there's no contrib directory
>
> Ah, yes - I heard that. They've merged the various modules into the
> core product now....

OK.

>> 2. First compilation error is on wx/ogl/ogl.h which does not exist
>> 3. of course, there's no wxOGLInitialize function
>> 4. if i comment these, I have a bunch of messages about overloaded
>> ambiguous methods.
>
> ...except OGL which they moved out about a year ago (that came up with
> last year's GSoC project). I believe it's gone to the wxWidgets
> equivalent of pgFoundry.

It seems to me it will be real hard to get on the 3.0 branch.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org