Re: pgAdmin 1.8.x hangs while tries to load XRC resources

From: Antonello Biancalana <promindsd(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 1.8.x hangs while tries to load XRC resources
Date: 2008-06-07 09:32:02
Lists: pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Antonello Biancalana
> <promindsd(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> Not offhand. Does the wxWidgets XRC sample work?

Thank you for your reply and your help. Your suggestion was of terrific
help to me. I compiled and run the wxWidgets XRC sample and it worked
but it complained about some missing files (whereas pgadmin did not).
The XRC sample complained about the following missing files in my system:

usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.adobe.pdx.desktop
usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml.desktop
usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.adobe.xfdf.desktop
usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.fdf.desktop

which actually resulted to be missing links belonging to an old
installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader 7. I deleted these missing links
and now pgAdmin works.
I hope this can help other pgAdmin users. Maybe it would be nice if
pgAdmin would warn the user in case of these missing files like
wxWidgtes XRC sample does.

Thank you very much indeed Dave for your support and help!

--

Antonello Biancalana
ProMIND software development - Perugia (ITALY)

PGP key ID: D40B3BC3
PGP key fp: AC62 7264 4233 5ADD 5ADA  D4D3 9B35 6051 D40B 3BC3