pgAdmin III Plugins Help

From: "Joe Garrett" <joe(at)garrett-is(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin III Plugins Help
Date: 2009-09-03 01:41:03
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello,

I have a working installation of PostgreSQL 8.4 on Windows Vista computer 1.  Of course, during that installation pgAdmin III was installed and it has the Plugin for running the psql command line.

I have installed only pgAdmin III 1.8.4 on Windows Vista computer 2 with NO PostgreSQL installation, so I can administer the db that is on Computer 1 from Computer 2.  This works fine.  I can make the connection to the server and do anything I'd like - except for running scripts via the psql command line.

In the standalone pgAdmin III installation on Computer 2 there is no icon for Plugins, and no Plugins option in the menu.  I have copied the plugins.ini file from the Computer 1 installation and placed that in the pgAdmin directory, but the standalone pgAdmin on Computer 2 still does not recognize it and has no Plugins.

How can I install the psql Plugin on a standalone version of pgAdmin III so I can run scripts on a remote computer hosting PostgreSQL?

Thanks.

Joe

pgadmin-support by date