Re: phrase search

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phrase search
Date: 2008-06-05 15:37:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I can add index support and support for arbitrary distance between
> lexeme.
> It appears to me that supporting arbitrary boolean expression will be
> complicated. Can we pull out something from TSQuery?

I don't very like an idea to have separated interface for phrase search. Your
patch may be a module and used by people who really wants to have a phrase search.

Introducing new operator in tsquery allows to use already existing
infrastructure of tsquery such as concatenations (&&, ||, !!), rewrite subsystem
etc. But new operation/types specially designed for phrase search makes needing
to make that work again.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/