Re: phrase search

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: phrase search
Date: 2008-06-03 18:16:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> This is far more complicated than I thought.
>> Of course, phrase search should be able to use indexes.
> I can probably look into how to use index. Any pointers on this?

src/backend/utils/adt/tsginidx.c, if you invent operation #  in tsquery then you
will have index support with minimal effort.

> Yes this is exactly how I am using in my application. Do you think this
> will solve a lot of common case or we should try to get phrase search

Yeah, it solves a lot of useful case, for simple use it's needed to invent
function similar to existsing plaitnto_tsquery, say phraseto_tsquery. It should
produce correct tsquery with described above operations.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/