Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade

From: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade
Date: 2008-05-30 15:09:13
Lists: pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Jon Lapham wrote:
>> How are we, Joe PostgreSQL users on the street, supposed to know which
>> instructions to follow?  Have I (very possible) missed some official
>
> That would be a question for mediawiki people not PostgreSQL people.

Okay, makes sense.  It just seemed to me that in previous upgrades I
have done, the mediawiki people complained that these problems were due
to changes made in postgresql's tsearch2 setup.

Also, a lot of the instructions do seem to be very postgres-oriented
(for example: hand editting of the pgdump output, etc), not much to do
on the mediawiki side of things.  Other apps besides mediawiki seem to
have similar problems, or maybe a better word is upgrade complications.

>> PostgreSQL instructions?  How do we go about triaging tsearch2 problems?
>>

> You could start by giving us PostgreSQL output, not mediawiki output. Up
> your logging level in the postgresql.conf, reload, and give us a little
> more context.

Okay, I'll work on that.

> Here are the docs on Tsearch:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch.html
>
> Which is decidedly different from 8.2 to 8.3.
>
> Here are the docs on logging:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Thanks.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>                Rio de Janeiro, Brasil