Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade

From: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade
Date: 2008-05-30 15:06:36
Lists: pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org> writes:
>> Have I (very possible) missed some official
>> PostgreSQL instructions?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch-migration.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/tsearch2.html
>
> I haven't personally tried that procedure with MediaWiki, though.

Okay, thanks for the pointer.  I don't know, it just makes my head hurt
to read all the documentation on tsearch2.  I guess I am just not smart
enough to figure this out.

Just a random examples from the textsearch-migration page:

-Text search configuration setup is completely different now...There is
not currently any automated support for converting an existing custom
configuration for 8.3; you're on your own here.  Ouch!

-In thesaurus configuration files, stop words must be marked with ?."  I
don't know what any of that means, and to be honest with you, I don't
want to know.

Okay, I'll go back and re-read all this and try to figure it out.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>                Rio de Janeiro, Brasil