Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)jandr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mediawiki 1.10 and PG 8.3 upgrade
Date: 2008-05-30 14:52:57
Lists: pgsql-general
Jon Lapham wrote:
> Hello all,

> My mediawiki pages are loading, but when I try to edit them, I get this
> error message:
>
> A database error has occurred Query: INSERT INTO pagecontent
> (old_id,old_text,old_flags) VALUES [snip] ERROR: text search
> configuration "default" does not exist CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function
> "ts2_page_text" line 3 at assignment

> These are just a 2 examples, there are others.  The one common thread
> shared by all the instructions are that they say different things.  How
> are we, Joe PostgreSQL users on the street, supposed to know which
> instructions to follow?  Have I (very possible) missed some official

That would be a question for mediawiki people not PostgreSQL people.

> PostgreSQL instructions?  How do we go about triaging tsearch2 problems?

You could start by giving us PostgreSQL output, not mediawiki output. Up
your logging level in the postgresql.conf, reload, and give us a little
more context.

Here are the docs on Tsearch:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch.html

Which is decidedly different from 8.2 to 8.3.

Here are the docs on logging:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake