Re: [0/4] Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: [0/4] Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches
Date: 2008-05-30 06:08:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> The idea of input functions that alter system tables scares me.

An example:
SELECT 'system_u:object_r:sepgsql_table_t:SystemHigh'::security_label;

can insert a new tuple into pg_security, but it is not a desirable behavior.

To fix this, I'll remove security_label type and define "security_context"
system column as a text type column, and translate the contents into
an internal identifical representation just before update or insert a tuple.

It enables to avoid to insert a temporary used (unnecessary) security context,
and enables to use various kind of text functions.

Please comment it, if you have anything.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC