How long - Vacumm full - 10 million to 90,000

From: Emi Lu <emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How long - Vacumm full - 10 million to 90,000
Date: 2008-05-29 15:33:36
Lists: pgsql-sql
Good morning,

A question about VACUUM FULL. The docs say:

VACUUM FULL is recommended for cases where you know you have deleted the
majority of rows in a table, so that the steady-state size of the table
can be shrunk substantially with VACUUM FULL's more aggressive approach.
Use plain VACUUM, not VACUUM FULL, for routine vacuuming for space recovery.

I have a table from around 10 million to 90,000, after deletion, I tried
to use vacuum full, but it seems that it takes forever to finish. Could
anyone tell me how long it will take to finish the Recovering disk space

Thanks a lot!

pgsql-sql by date