Revealing the "postgres" user service-account in Windows XP Home

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Subject: Revealing the "postgres" user service-account in Windows XP Home
Date: 2008-05-28 18:59:11
Lists: pgsql-general
Malcolm Standring came up with the following tip which might be of use
to other XP Home users.

--- Malcolm's message below ---
Sorry to trouble you like this (not yet subscribed to Postgres lists,
but didn't want to loose this snippet) concerning  a thread in March  -
I stumbled on a way to make the service account visible in XP Home by
adding a value to reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT
\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

add a REG_DWORD "Postgres", value "1" to show ("0" to hide, the default)
in Home's minimalistic user account admin panel. Works for any "special"
or service account in Home. You'll see listed other "special" accounts
under that key.

Didn't want to loose, and I promise, I WILL sign up when I get five
mins....

Plese feel free to share,

--
   Richard Huxton