Re: Open Source CRM - Options?

From: Kevin Hunter <hunteke(at)earlham(dot)edu>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Neely <mark(dot)neely(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Source CRM - Options?
Date: 2008-05-27 17:04:37
Lists: pgsql-general
At 12:58p -0400 on Tue, 27 May 2008, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> It's not directly a CRM, but the Django web framework may be of interest
>> to you.  It's was developed at World Online (Lawrence, Kansas, USA), and
>> is exceedingly stable.  http://www.djangoproject.com/
>>
>> For the list: it's community is ostensibly DB agnostic, but the big wigs
>> seem to lean heavily towards Postgres.
>
> And its python :)

That's actually a bigger plus than folks may realize because all three
communities (Django, Postgres, Python) share the
"do-it-the-right-way,-not-just-the-quickest/easiest-way" mentality.  (At
least in my experience.)  From an overall quality perspective, this is a
huge win for all involved.  And if you're developing, you will
appreciate the chat rooms/mailing lists/community-in-general for all
three for just this reason.

Kevin