Re: Open Source CRM - Options?

From: Kevin Hunter <hunteke(at)earlham(dot)edu>
To: Mark Neely <mark(dot)neely(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Source CRM - Options?
Date: 2008-05-27 16:53:18
Lists: pgsql-general

At 10:18a -0400 on Tue, 27 May 2008, Mark Neely wrote:
> The brief requires a site that has sophisticated profiling capability,
> particularly with respect to the ability to 'personalise' the site;
> that is, recognise certain user preferences, and (where possible)
> target content to individual user interests etc.
>
> I am looking for examples of open-source CRM (or similar platforms)
> used for this kind of profiling/personalisation, and would appreciate
> any pointers readers of this newsgroup might be able to offer.

It's not directly a CRM, but the Django web framework may be of interest
to you. It's was developed at World Online (Lawrence, Kansas, USA), and
is exceedingly stable. http://www.djangoproject.com/

For the list: it's community is ostensibly DB agnostic, but the big wigs
seem to lean heavily towards Postgres.

Kevin