Re: How do I force users to change their password?

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: "Blakely, Jerel (Mission Systems)" <Jerel(dot)Blakely(at)ngc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do I force users to change their password?
Date: 2008-05-23 16:43:42
Lists: pgsql-admin
Blakely, Jerel (Mission Systems) wrote:

> The only setting I see is an account expire, but I do not want to lock
> the people out of the accounts.
> I just want to force each user to set a new password on minimum
> intervals.
>
> Does Postgres have a way to require users to change their passwords
> every 90 days for example, with out locking the account and forcing an
> admin to go in and update it?

I think the best you could do would be to tie authentication into some
external system that requires a password change after a specified
interval.  This can be accomplished with LDAP, Kerberos, or PAM.
However, I don't think that the native mechanism will allow you to do
what you are trying to accomplish.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.