IBM ServRAID-MR10M / LSI1078ROC advice

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IBM ServRAID-MR10M / LSI1078ROC advice
Date: 2008-05-23 15:15:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

We're about to try out a new BBU controller card, and would welcome
any advice from anyone with experience with this hardware.

It is an IBM ServeRAID-MR10M SAS/SATA Controller with the optional
BBU. The docs say it is "a LSI1078ROC-based PCI Express RAID
adapter." We're hooking it up to four drawers of 12 drives each; all
drives are 146 GB 3.5 inch 15 kRPM HS SAS. Our hope is to set up
three drawers in RAID 10. I don't know if this will work -- our
previous adapter refused to allow more than 14 drives in RAID 10, so
we had to use RAID 5 for the "big" partition. The other drawer will
be RAID 5.

Tips?

-Kevin