Re: starting up LAPUG

From: noelp(at)calpacs(dot)org
To: "Richard Broersma Jr" <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: starting up LAPUG
Date: 2007-12-19 00:51:39
Lists: lapug

> I actually work in Long Beach also. I work near the 710/405 junction.
Maybe if we choose to have PUG meetings on weekday evening, it sounds
like a location near us would work well. :-)

> I could possible work out an arrangement with my company for the use of
their facilities after work hours. The only problem that concerns me is
the location since it is more of an industrial area with few nice
restaurants. I would prefer choose a are with good ambiance similar to
what DownTown Long Beach has near the Convention Center (but with better
parking ;) ).

I could arrange for the use of Garden Grove meeting facilities, but that's
getting far from Los Angeles. For the first couple of meetings, if you can
arrange the for the use of your facilities in Long Beach, I'll buy pizza.
Good pizza. If we can put something together, several of my coworkers
would like to attend as well.

If desperate for a presentation, I wouldn't mind putting something
together about time oriented databases. Another potential topic could be
talking about the City of Garden Grove's experiences using PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Noel Proffitt