GRANT all to a super user

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave(dot)gauthier(at)intel(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GRANT all to a super user
Date: 2009-05-27 14:19:03
Lists: pgsql-general

What is the (is there a) grant command that I can use to create a super user without having to specify all the DB objects?

grant all on database foo to thesuper;
and
grant all privileges on database foo to thesuper;

Don't work.

I know I can achieve what I want by submitting a grant for each and every object in the DB. But is there a way to do it all with one command, maybe something like...

"grant all privileges on everything to thesuper" ?

Thanks
-dave