problem with serial data type and access

From: Ottavio Campana <ottavio(at)campana(dot)vi(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with serial data type and access
Date: 2008-05-15 13:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general
I know it's not fully IT with the list, but maybe somebody can help me.

I'm dealing with this scenario: access 97 is connected through odbc to a
postgresql server. All tables are saved in postgresql and access is used
only to generated the program interface.

Everything works fines, but I'm having problems with the serial data
type. I know a serial is an integer having as default the next value of
a sequence. Since it is an integer, access does not recognize it as an
autoincrement value, and it asks for is value.

Did anyone of you already have this problem?

Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: FernandoDate: 2008-05-15 14:04:52