problem with serial data type and access

From: Ottavio Campana <ottavio(at)campana(dot)vi(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with serial data type and access
Date: 2008-05-15 13:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I know it's not fully IT with the list, but maybe somebody can help me.

I'm dealing with this scenario: access 97 is connected through odbc to a
postgresql server. All tables are saved in postgresql and access is used
only to generated the program interface.

Everything works fines, but I'm having problems with the serial data
type. I know a serial is an integer having as default the next value of
a sequence. Since it is an integer, access does not recognize it as an
autoincrement value, and it asks for is value.

Did anyone of you already have this problem?

Thanks...

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.