Server not listening

From: D Galen <degalen(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Server not listening
Date: 2008-05-12 23:24:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I've spent a week trying to get PostgreSQL 8.3 to install correctly on
WIN2K. Server will load & I see the server processes loaded but none of
them have any open ports. I keep getting the message the server isn't
listening. Server set up to connect to default port 5432 on localhost
but doesn't appear to be opening the port when it loads.

Any help would be welcome.
Thanks,

Dennis