Re: Thursday Meeting! 5/15/08 - PostgreSQL for Pythoneers

From: jason kirtland <jek(at)discorporate(dot)us>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thursday Meeting! 5/15/08 - PostgreSQL for Pythoneers
Date: 2008-05-12 21:12:18
Lists: pdxpug

Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Selena Deckelmann
> <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Topic: PostgreSQL for Pythoneers
>> Speaker: Jason Kirtland
>> Date: Thursday, 5/15/08
>> Location: FreeGeek, 1731 SE 10th Ave
>>
>> Come join us for an evening of Pythoneering with Jason Kirtland, a key
>> force behind the Portland Python Interest Group -
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortlandPythonUserGroup. They are having
>> Lightning Talks tomorrow night at Cubespace.
>>
>> Jason hasn't provided too many details at this point, but I imagine it
>> will be a tour of a popular Python ORM and a discussion of using it
>> with PostgreSQL. Perhaps Jason can reply to this message with more
>> detail :)

Yep- a tour of SQLAlchemy [1], an open source database toolkit and
object relational mapper in Python. The tour will be SQL heavy and
Python-light, and I'm planning on focusing on the object relational
mapping part of the tool.

If you have a schema that you'd like to see mapped, send it my way and
I'll do my best to work it in to the presentation.

Cheers,
Jason

[1] http://www.sqlalchemy.org/