Re: Statistics tab, "Tables" node

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Statistics tab, "Tables" node
Date: 2008-05-12 09:19:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> [...]
> What might be a nice enhancement, is some auto-sizing based on column
> heading width. Wanna take a peek at that as well?

I finally found some time to work on this. wxwidgets allows to specify
two "default" values :
  * wxLIST_AUTOSIZE
  * wxLIST_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER

The last one does what we want, but our ctlListView::AddColumn method's
handling of default values was buggy. The attached patch fixes this, and
changes pgTableCollection::ShowStatistics method to handle the new
default value (wxLIST_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER).

Do we want this for the 1.8 branch ? Obviously, this is a bug fix, but
for the fix to really work, we need more changes (ie using the default
value in each, at least some of them, call to ctlListView::AddColumn).

Comments?

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org