Re: IM

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IM
Date: 2008-05-09 06:54:06
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2008 schrieb Alvaro Herrera:
>> You have to admit that this "secret clubhouse" thing is there all right.

> use. In my experience, there are plenty of free Jabber services available.
> I don't see an advantage in running our own, considering the management
> overhead.

personally I'm wondering whats really the use of IM when we already have
IRC available? I mean, after all IM's capabilities are just a subset of
IRC's. I use IM's to have contact with non IRC-People, but does this
service really make sense for postgres?

The only usefull thing could be to proof that Jabber can be run on top
of postgres in case something like this needs to be set up in a company.
:-)

Just my thoughts...

Tino