Re: The future of MySQL (The Project)

From: Brian Hurt <bhurt(at)janestcapital(dot)com>
To: seiliki(at)so-net(dot)net(dot)tw
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The future of MySQL (The Project)
Date: 2008-05-05 15:02:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
seiliki wrote:

>A blog entry in
>links to a technical presentation:
The more I read about Mysql, the happier I am that we choose Postgres.

For example, I was surprised to see that (at least according to this
presentation) Mysql doesn't plug into external authentication. I'm
rolling out Kerberos authentication for Postgres, and my only regret is
that I didn't do this way earlier. Hard-coding username/password
combinations in any sort of serious environment just isn't an acceptable
solution, nor is just trusting and hoping.

Also, rolling out Kerberos was a lot easier than I expected. Kudos to
the postgres team.