Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width

From: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2(at)obviously(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Date: 2008-04-30 15:36:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> This patch seems sufficiently controversial that "commit now" is the
> very last thing that should happen to it.
>
> I suggest committing the PrintTable stuff and not worrying about whether
> that breaks the wrap patch.
>
> 			regards, tom lane\

AFIK, the only thing that's controversial about the patch is how to turn
it on and off -- the actual core code appears to be inflaming no
passions.  And it's the core code that presents merge issues.

Could it be committed with a hidden enable syntax, for the interim?  Or
even no enable syntax, just to have it in the code base?

    \pset format wrap-beta-test on