Can't create DSN using SSPI authentication WinXP to WinXP

From: "Roger Quincy" <Roger(dot)Quincy(at)twdb(dot)state(dot)tx(dot)us>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't create DSN using SSPI authentication WinXP to WinXP
Date: 2008-04-29 20:10:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have posted this before and have a little more info but am still needing help.

I have PostgreSQL 8.3.1 w32 running on Windows XP sp2 server.
I want to authenticate using sspi for my Windows XP clients (domained) but while creating a DSN, I get an "authentication method 9 not supported" error message.
Here is a screenshot of the error message on the client while trying to create a DSN:
http://pages.suddenlink.net/lt1/scnshot.jpg
The error message dialog box pops up after clicking the Test button.

If I change the entry in the pg_hba.conf file to from "sspi" to "trust", I can create the DSN with no problem. But, using trust for multiple users is not secure enough. I am using the latest psqlODBC verson (8.03.01.00).

I have been told that the libpq library (libpq.dll) I  have doesn't support the functionality. And, that I need to build  a new libpq.dll with ENABLE_SSPI defined.
However, I am not a programmer and I don't know how to do this.
Can anyone help me?

Roger

Roger M. Quincy, PG
Hydrologist
Texas Water Development Board
Ground Water Technical Assistance Section
phone: 512-936-0833
email: rquincy(at)txwin(dot)net
web: http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/GwRD/waterwell/well_info.asp

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: Jan-Peter.SeifertDate: 2008-04-28 15:25:45
Subject: UTF8 server & "ANSI"-Client: Which Driver?