table format specification

From: "PontoSI - Consultoria, Informática e Serviços LDA" <geral(at)pontosi(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table format specification
Date: 2008-04-29 13:19:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I'm writing a small program to recover specific tables from a severely
crippled database, and while I'm able to identify most fields on a hex
dump of the table file, there are several 'gaps' (probably headers and
footers and/or additional info) that I can't identify. Where can I find
documentation regarding the table file layout? I'm working with files
generated with Postgres 8.25.

Kind Regards,
João Pinheiro