question/problem concerning GRANT/REVOKE

From: Gerhard Wohlgenannt <wohlg(at)ai(dot)wu-wien(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: albert weichselbraun <albert(dot)weichselbraun(at)wu-wien(dot)ac(dot)at>
Subject: question/problem concerning GRANT/REVOKE
Date: 2008-04-29 08:46:06
Lists: pgsql-general
hi!

I have a pretty basic problem: We have several schemas in one of our
databases, and we need the users to see only the tables (and table
structure) of tables inside their own schema.  So I created schemas for
those users, and set their "search_path".

But with \d public.<tab key> users can see all tables (and their
structure) in the public (and other) schemas -- and I found no way yet
to prevent this??

I have tried "REVOKE ALL" from the database itself, and the other
schemas, and single tables -- for the specific user, and also for the
user "PUBLIC" -- but it had no effect!
How can I prevent exposing the structure of all tables in the database
to user that should work in their SCHEMA?

Help would be appreciated very much!! :-)

cheers,
gerhard

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: William TemperleyDate: 2008-04-29 08:59:04