Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

From: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Thomas Bräutigam <thomas(dot)braeutigam(at)nexustelecom(dot)com>
Cc: Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Date: 2008-04-29 02:44:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

I guess what you mean is to remove the "role" postgres so that you can
redefine it as a normal user and not remove the binaries that are
installed with Postgres as they can be overridden by having right PATH
variables

Its easy... Modify /etc/user_attr and remove type=role from the postgres
line and modify /etc/passwd to set a home path and change default shell
to /bin/sh or /bin/bash and set password for it.. and now you have a
normal user..
Is this what you are trying to do?

-Jignesh