Re: we don't have a bugzilla

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Raphaël Jacquot <sxpert(at)sxpert(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: we don't have a bugzilla
Date: 2008-04-26 15:17:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Brendan Jurd wrote:

>>  Having done that, please endeavour to make an actual contribution to the
>> discussion.
>>

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Let's be fair.  It would be an almost impossible task to make any
> sense of the archives on this topic without dedicating tens of hours
> to the task, and having access to a better way of reading the archives
> than is offered at archives.postgresql.org.

+1

The idea that anyone would waste their time (and yes it is a complete
waste of time) reviewing the "archives" which are almost impossible to
search unless you know "exactly" what you are looking for is ridiculous.
Andrew, I am frankly surprised that you would have that response for the
individual.

How do you know he was trolling? Perhaps he is just surprised (which is
the impression that I got) that considering we are such a mature project
that we don't have a bugzilla or other such beast.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake