Re: Question about crossing the pond.

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about crossing the pond.
Date: 2008-04-25 18:07:26
Lists: pgeu-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been threatening to make my presence known on the other side of
> the pond for some time. The only thing that has stopped me is that I
> haven't bothered to get a passport. That is changing. I am attempting
> to figure out how I will do PGDay.IT/PGCon.EU and WEST (they happen
> within a week of each other).
>
> So my question is, if I get a Visa to Italy? Am I stuck in Italy until
> I come back to the US? Or can I take a road trip up to France? If I am
> allowed to cross borders, is Italy the place to try and get a Visa?
> Should I try Britian instead or Germany instead?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

it should be no problem for you at all.
all you need is to fill out a landing card. but, no worries - the EU
landing card is not half as stupid as the US one :).
last time i went to the state i signed this landing to clarify that my 2
year old son was not a member of the NAZI army and that he has no
training in handling nuclear weapons :).

so, no worries - we have some freedom left over here ...

    hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
PostgreSQL Solutions and Support