Feature Request: PSQLException verbosity option

From: Daniel Migowski <dmigowski(at)ikoffice(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature Request: PSQLException verbosity option
Date: 2008-04-25 08:49:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello dear developers,

For my application it would be great to be able to increase the
verbosity of the SQLExceptions. I found out that PSQL-Exceptions that
are based on server errors call ServerErrorMessage.toString(), which
itself is configured with a verbosity parameter which equals the
loglevel of the PostgreSQL JDBC Driver. By setting the loglevel to 1
(INFO), the driver prints info to the DriverManager.getLogWriter() in
other occassions, too, which is not exactly what I need. Currently I
solve this dilemma by using the driver option "loglevel=1", and setting
DriverManager's logwriter to a NullPrintStream.

Would it be possible to add an exceptionloglevel option to the driver?
This option would make the driver silent, but the exeptions, which get
commonly printed to logfiles, more verbose.

With best regards,
Daniel Migowski
--

 |¯¯|¯¯|    *IKOffice GmbH             Daniel Migowski*
 |  |  |/|                            Mail: dmigowski(at)ikoffice(dot)de <mailto:dmigowski(at)ikoffice(dot)de>
 |  | // |  Nordstr. 10               Tel.: 0441 21 98 89 52
 |  | \\ |  26135 Oldenburg           Fax.: 0441 21 98 89 55
 |__|__|\|  http://www.ikoffice.de    Mob.: 0176 22 31 20 76

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: ChrisDate: 2008-04-25 17:58:54