Re: query performance

From: Brian Cox <brian(dot)cox(at)ca(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query performance
Date: 2008-04-25 00:41:26
Lists: pgsql-general
Tom Lane [tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us] wrote:

> At the very end ... you're looking for these messages:
>
>     ereport(elevel,
>             (errmsg("free space map contains %d pages in %d relations",
>                     storedPages, numRels),
>     errdetail("A total of %.0f page slots are in use (including
> overhead).\n"
>               "%.0f page slots are required to track all free space.\n"
>           "Current limits are:  %d page slots, %d relations, using %.0f
> kB.",
>               Min(needed, MaxFSMPages),
>               needed,
>               MaxFSMPages, MaxFSMRelations,
>               (double) FreeSpaceShmemSize() / 1024.0)));
>
>     if (numRels == MaxFSMRelations)
>         ereport(elevel,
>                 (errmsg("max_fsm_relations(%d) equals the number of
> relations checked",
>                         MaxFSMRelations),
>                  errhint("You have at least %d relations.  "
>                          "Consider increasing the configuration
> parameter \"max_fsm_relations\".",
>                          numRels)));
>     else if (needed > MaxFSMPages)
>         ereport(elevel,
>                 (errmsg("number of page slots needed (%.0f) exceeds
> max_fsm_pages (%d)",
>                         needed, MaxFSMPages),
>                  errhint("Consider increasing the configuration
> parameter \"max_fsm_pages\" "
>                          "to a value over %.0f.", needed)));
>
>                         regards, tom lane

The following greps of the vacuum verbose output return no lines:

fgrep -i fsm
fgrep 'free space'
fgrep 'page slots'
fgrep 'relations'

I've already posted the tail of this output previously.
I conclude that these lines are not in this file. Where
did they go?

Thanks,
Brian

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Erik JonesDate: 2008-04-25 00:45:14