error connecting to database: could not open relation

From: "PontoSI - Consultoria, Informática e Serviços LDA" <geral(at)pontosi(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error connecting to database: could not open relation
Date: 2008-04-24 04:44:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I've had a server crash on a machine running FreeBSD 6 and PG 8.2.5. The
database was running at the time of the crash, and probably there was
some lost data. When I try to start PG in single mode (and width -P) he
complains that he "could not open relation with OID 2661". Because the
file is missing, I've tried to create a zeroed file with the size of a
page too see if we would eat it so I can dump the data, but without
success. I've also tried pgfsck without any luck.
Is there any way to get around the missing files and dump directly the
values stored inside the actual table files?

Regards,
João Pinheiro