Governance for PGUS

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Governance for PGUS
Date: 2008-04-19 14:49:55
Lists: pgus-general

I'm noticing from JD's blog that the 501(c)3 paperwork is nearly ready.
Given that, I think it's past time that we discuss how PGUS should be run.

What are we committed to from the 501(c)3 papers? I know that a mission
statement and initial bylaws are required. Can we see these documents?

We can start from there and figure other stuff out. One question is
does PGUS support primarily US users, or US user *groups*? It would be
organized differently depending.

--Josh Berkus