Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server

From: David Jorjoliani <djorj(at)mysoft(dot)ge>
To: Phillip Smith <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server
Date: 2008-04-18 06:18:35
Lists: pgsql-admin
I tried with full paths:

su -l postgres -c "/bin/gunzip -c /backup/rms.gz |
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/psql rms"
su -l postgres -c "/bin/gunzip -c /backup/rms.gz | /usr/bin/psql rms"

su -l postgres -c "/bin/zcat /backup/rms.gz |
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/psql rms"
su -l postgres -c "/bin/zcat /backup/rms.gz | /usr/bin/psql rms"

same result when it running trough cronjob. Manually everything is fine.
Even I put this commands (without su -l ...) in postgres user crontab,
but same result.

Server is ubuntu 64bit. Does it makes any difference from 32bit in terms
of crontab functionality?

Thanks,
David