Re: Error in restore the Database in Postgres

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: dipesh <dipesh(dot)mistry(at)mobilefundas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error in restore the Database in Postgres
Date: 2008-04-17 11:01:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

dipesh wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I have Mysql database backup file ( xyz.sql ). Now i want to restore
> this ( xyz.sql ) file into Postgres Database.
> I try following command to restore but Postgres gives me the Error.

You have a mysql dump, which is designed to restore to a MySQL database.
It will include mostly standard SQL and also all the specific MySQL
differences.

You'll need to convert it to produce something that PostgreSQL can
understand.

http://pgfoundry.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=mysql&Search=Search

Perhaps one of these two projects:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysql2pgsql/