Re: BUG #3983: pgxs files still missing in win32 install (8.3.1)

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Mike Leahy <mgleahy(at)alumni(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3983: pgxs files still missing in win32 install (8.3.1)
Date: 2008-04-14 17:49:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Could this be somethingl ike missing PGDLLIMPORT specifications in your
> addon module or something like that? Try checking the names of the
> functions that are actually exported using "depends" or a similar tool.

Ah, that sounds likely, since I have never had to worry about explicit
exports with PL/R before. Can you point me to an example or cheat sheet
on what I need to do?

>> ERROR:  could not load library "C:/Program
>> Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plr.dll": The specified procedure could not
>> be found.
>
> Actually, this looks like perhaps the backend is unable to load a DLL
> that plr.dll depends on. Again, the "depends" tool can hopefully show
> you what's missing there.

That's what I was originally thinking (R.dll), but now I suspect the
exported functions is probably the issue. I'll check this out when I get
home tonight.

Thanks,

Joe