question about delete

From: robertski <robertski(at)o2(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: question about delete
Date: 2008-02-27 19:33:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

From time to time I found on different forums questions "how to recover deleted rows".
If i'm right deleted rows are only mark as deleted but still exist until vacuum (am I right?). So is it possible to restore it, maybe some change of postgres source code and compilation would be needed, but is it possible? I was searching the source code but there are so many files, i have no idea where to look. Could anybody say something?