Re: libpq Win32 Mutex performance patch

From: Andrew Chernow <ac(at)esilo(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq Win32 Mutex performance patch
Date: 2008-04-11 18:56:36
Lists: pgsql-patches

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>It changes the behavior when the pointer passed in is invalid from
>crash to silent working, right?

Correct, it a Habit. I sub-consciously write code that checks pointers.
We can remove the pointer checks and let the thing dump core if people
prefer.

> Which brings up the second point - is there any actual reason for
> adding the pthread_mutex_destroy call? Since libpq never calls it, and
> it's never used from outside libpq (it's not exported outside the
> library even), isn't it just going to end up as dead code?
>
> //Magnus

The destroy call is within a comment. I only put it there in case it is
ever needeed. BTW, I just noticed the commented destroy call forgot to
free(*mp) ... ooppssseee.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC