Re: invalid message format and I/O error while comunicating with backend

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Sergi Vera <svera(at)emovilia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: invalid message format and I/O error while comunicating with backend
Date: 2008-04-09 12:43:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Sergi Vera wrote:

> Everything is working ok and fast, but at some moment (sometimes sooner,
> sometimes later) the server starts to fail with the following messages
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: invalid message format (for the first
> failure)
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: A I/O error has happened while
> sending to backend (at every following jdbc call)

I suggest having a look in the server logs to see if there is any error
being reported by the backend.

You might also find it helpful to enable log_statement and
log_connection in postgresql.conf while you're trying to track the issue
down. Your logs might get quite big if your load is high, though.

--
Craig Ringer