Re: get number of rows selected

From: Andrei Kovalevski <andyk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Adam M <gnuman1(at)gmail(dot)com>, Malm Paul <paul(dot)malm(at)saabgroup(dot)com>
Subject: Re: get number of rows selected
Date: 2008-04-07 01:30:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

Take a look at SQLRowCount(
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library//ms711835.aspx ). You may note:

*/For other statements and functions, the driver may define the value
returned in *RowCountPtr. For example, some data sources may be able to
return the number of rows returned by a SELECT statement or a catalog
function before fetching the rows./*

You may rely on this when using  psqlODBC or  ODBCng with buffering mode
ON (default).

--
Andrei Kovalevski