US VISA CISP PCI comp. needs SHA1

From: Matthew Wetmore <testroom(at)secomintl(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: US VISA CISP PCI comp. needs SHA1
Date: 2008-04-02 17:24:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Not sure if I posted in correct spot....

Windows based app.
encryped pwd = yes
SSL = yes,
hostssl with explicit IP w/md5. (no pg_crypto)

We are in process of VISA CISP PCI compliance for our application.
(online cc auth - no stored cc data) [next phase will include stored cc

We just heard back today that they would like to use SHA1 for pwd auth.

does anyone have any doco that will support md5 vs. SHA1?

We also have global customers so we understand the us v non-US export stuff.

Any direction is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/matthew wetmore

Matthew Wetmore
Secom International, Inc
9610 Bellanca, Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90045

This e-mail is intended for the addressee shown. It contains information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. Any review,
dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by persons or
unauthorized employees of the intended organisations is strictly
The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or
policies of Secom International Inc., or its employees.