Re: Role attribute for user email?

From: "korry" <korry(dot)douglas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Role attribute for user email?
Date: 2008-04-01 14:11:30
Lists: pgsql-general

> Is there a way to create new attributes for a login role, like an "email
> attribute"?
>
> I have to keep a few informations on all the users that connect to the
> PG server, and their attributes list looks like an elegant place to
> store these informations. But I cannot find a way to add new
> attributes... Is that possible?

You might consider using inheritance:

CREATE TABLE users(email TEXT) INHERITS(pg_authid);

But I'm not sure that will work on the pg_authid table. And it seems
like you would have to insert/update manually instead of using the
CREATE/ALTER ROLE commands.

-- Korry

--

Korry Douglas <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>