I am preparing a presentation about postgresql for GoOpen2008  in
Norway. I am trying to guess some of the 'main' new features we could
expect to see in the next versions of postgresql.
After reading different documents on Internet, I have this list which I
plan to include in my presentation. Does anyone disagree with it? ;-)
* Auto-tuning / auto-configuration
* Easy update-in-place - 'pgmigrator'
* More SQL99 and SQL2003 features
* Update-in-place optimizations which enhance OLTP performance
* Auto partitioning / Dynamic partitioning
* External tables interfaces (SQL/MED compliant)
* More exotic datatypes
* More query optimizer improvements
* Elimination of vacuum
* Improve XML support
* Pre-parsing phase that converts non-ISO syntax to supported syntax.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Rafael Martinez, <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Center for Information Technology Services
University of Oslo, Norway
PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: korry||Date: 2008-03-31 23:18:43|
|Subject: Re: Cast as compound type|
|Previous:||From: korry||Date: 2008-03-31 22:55:15|
|Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Connection to PostgreSQL Using Certificate: Wrong Permissions on Private Key File|