Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time
Date: 2008-03-31 10:18:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

If I use select current_timestamp AT TIME ZONE 'EEST' I get good time
(EEST - I'm in Lithuania). But how do I make postgreSQL use system time
by default? The thing is we have 8 servers working and none of them is
affected by this issue. Only one refuses to switch to summer time.

Julius Tuskenis

Thomas Markus rašė:
> beware of timezone dst offset. try
> select current_timestamp AT TIME ZONE 'MEST'
>
> thomas
>
> Julius Tuskenis schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have problem with postgreSQL current_timestramp. Where does it get
>> its value, because it doesnt match system time. The problem appeared
>> after this saturday-sunday night and is connected somehow with the
>> daylight saving. Now "date" on the server returns good value, but the
>> SELECT current_timestmap is 1 hour late.
>>
>> Postgresql 8.1.4
>> OS: Gentoo Linux

Julius Tuskenis
Programuotojas