Re: Access issue again

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access issue again
Date: 2008-03-30 01:00:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Saturday 29 March 2008 4:50 pm, Andreas wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> whenever I ODBC link pg-tables into access I get this error in the log:
>> It's translated by me so it won't be the original english error text.
>> -----------------
>> 2008-03-30 00:28:45 CET db_sales user1 WARNING:  not standardconform use
>> of \\ in  characterstring at char 264
>> 2008-03-30 00:28:45 CET db_sales user1 TIP:  Use the Syntax for
>> Escape-strings for Backslashes, e.g. E'\\'.
>> ------------------
>>
>> Besides this error the linked tables seem to work perfectly.
>> Whats wrong here?
>>

> See this:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-compatible.html

OK I did a trace on the application and found that this message appears
not for every linked table but just for those that have an underscore
"_" within the table name, like  "my_table".
Nice to know but I can't help it.

I stuff the name and connectionstring into CreateTableDef and Access is
supposed to do the rest.
Somehow Access 2000 feels like internally escaping the underscores, I guess.

The same message appeares when I call RefreshLink on those TableDefs
thingies.

In your answer you pointed out that the message could be suppressed.
Though the issue will pop up again, as soon as the handling of those
strings will get changed within the server.
Now what ?

Regards
Andreas