Access complains : Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Access complains : Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit
Date: 2008-03-20 17:20:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I've build an application with Access 2000/2003 that uses a remote PG
8.2.6 via SSH tunnel.
The forms have bound controls and usually work decently.

But now and then a user reports a error (I have to translate):
... event before update caused an error:
Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit

They say they dont do anything special. Just clicking a checkbox or
trying to jump to the next record would do to trigger the error.
Later the same action won't cause any trouble, so I can't crack this in
debug-mode. Here on my box it always works as expected.

The error appears daily so the productive folks get annoyed but I have
no idea where to look.   :(

Could someone here give a hint?

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: noreplyDate: 2008-03-12 16:43:37
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1010313 ] ucs2_to_utf8 endianness problem