Re: setQueryTimeout problem !?!?!

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Peter Kovacs <maxottovonstirlitz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setQueryTimeout problem !?!?!
Date: 2008-03-18 23:15:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> I wonder how "systematically" backward-compatibility and compliance
> issues are (can be) dealt with in the driver.

We do some of this for large issues with the "compatible" connection
option. But in most cases we don't bother because it makes the driver
more complex and less maintainable.

Instead we just put API changes in the current development version only
and don't backport to older stable drivers, under the assumption that
people will not blindly move their applications to a new major version
without retesting.

-O