Re: summer of code!! participants?

From: Len Shapiro <len(at)cs(dot)pdx(dot)edu>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: summer of code!! participants?
Date: 2008-03-17 22:21:10
Lists: pdxpug

PSU was also selected as a mentor organization.  We'll be spiffing up
our own projects page, adding some projects to enable Postgresql to be
used more easily as a teaching tool.

RSN we'll be soliciting student participation in the SOC and we will be
sure to highlight the PostgreSQL projects page as well as our own.

On a related note, a patch generated by two PSU students (Tom Raney,
Shreya Bhargava) last summer was just applied to 8.4 ( ).  It
enables the hash index, long deprecated because of unacceptable build
times, to be usable.  I'm sure PDXPUG joins me in congratulating them.

All the best,