Re: join query performance

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: petchimuthu lingam <spmlingam(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: join query performance
Date: 2008-03-09 23:42:33
Lists: pgsql-performance pgsql-php

petchimuthu lingam wrote:

> In a select query i have used the join conditions, will it affect query
> performance.
>
> Explicitly I didn't used the join command, Will it make any difference.

It'll make sure you don't miss any join conditions between two tables so
it'll be helpful in that respect, I didn't read your whole query but
with a 7 table join it's very easy to miss doing a match on one or more
tables.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to rewrite your query
and find out the answers..

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/